Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
  • 6Crew Hacked - Here's a Temporary Fix

Hi Everyone,

The Forum Staff are aware of the website being hacked. Justin (The Great NY) is currently working on a permanent fix for the issue. For now, there is a temporary fix that you can do to remove the "hack".

I don't have a screenshot, so please bear with me...

At the top of the hacking there is a box that looks as if it has perforation. Just to the upper right of that box is a small "x", as if to turn something off. Click the "x".

After clicking the "x", close 6Crew on your browser.

After closing 6Crew, clear your browser cache. If you do not know how to clear your cache, you can learn how to do so here: 13 Ways to Clear Your Browser Cache

We apologize for the issue. It is being worked on.
    Comments 21 Comments
      Brorenzo -
      Thank you @GeneralPatton for ridding us of teh hakz!
      dfw6er -
      is the hack the thing about syrias army sucking their left nuts?
      Brorenzo -
      Quote Originally Posted by dfw6er View Post
      is the hack the thing about syrias army sucking their left nuts?
      lol, no. It was Syrian Sympathizers posting...sympathy.
      dfw6er -
      That makes sense then. Hack musta been fixed before I logged in then
      Brorenzo -
      Yup.

Here's more details if you're up for a read: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...n-sympathizers
      MariusVT -
      Fuck Syria and their sympathizers.
      IHeartGroceries -
      That's what I'm saying. Fucking rag headed fucks are barking up the wrong tree.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
      darkcherry -
      Do any of you know when the tapatalk app will be back up and running it is telling me that the plug in is not active. Also with this hack does that give them access to any personal info about us or should we change our passwords?
      ObsoleteE -
      Quote Originally Posted by darkcherry View Post
      Do any of you know when the tapatalk app will be back up and running it is telling me that the plug in is not active. Also with this hack does that give them access to any personal info about us or should we change our passwords?
      +1 on the password thing
      MikeVish -
      Quote Originally Posted by darkcherry View Post
      They would be able to see what Admin's are able to see, so I think they would have IP address and any information that we had when we registered. Honestly, I wouldn't be afraid of that, lots of places have that information and have had it for a while and nothing has happened to me or you.

As far as the password part of things, I would say to play it say go ahead and change your password. If they had access to that I really don't know, but it's a good habit to change your password frequently anyway.
      mayya -
      Whats up everyone. Just want to give everyone a heads up that are into social networking and Facebook that we have launched a fresh 6Crew Facebook fan page.

Our old page got taken over without consent or authorization from us, and we have since be locked out of the Page so its no longer .
      ObsoleteE -
      Quote Originally Posted by mayya View Post
      Whats up everyone. Just want to give everyone a heads up that are into social networking and Facebook that we have launched a fresh 6Crew Facebook fan page.

Our old page got taken over without consent or authorization from us, and we have since be locked out of the Page so its no longer .
      Hmm, seems legit.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
      NurdR4G3 -
      lols
      xkreedx -
      Isn't that exactly what was posted on the home page by Lorenzo?
      NurdR4G3 -
      How many official 6crew pages do we have?? The one I joined (the one with nearly 400 members) over a year ago is still up and active...

Sent from a bottomless abyss that is the friendzone..
      ConnerSpeed6 -
      That's what I was wondering... the one I am a member of looks fine. I'm assuming that we don't have to worry about anyting. @Brorenzo

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk
      Brorenzo -
      This is the official fan page of the site.

https://www.facebook.com/Official6Crew/

The other (old) page is run by people that are not friends of 6Crew.
      Brorenzo -
      The one with 400+ members is the Group page, not fan page.
      NurdR4G3 -
      Oh thank bacons! .

I thought i've been I've been colluding with enemies. ohnoes!

Sent from a bottomless abyss that is the friendzone..
      Rainmens -
      The other page is still around?!?!