Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 500 USD, Received: 313 USD (63%)

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Car Wont Start! Absolutely No Power... Installed Brand new battery???

Ok, so i see my existing mazda battery is leaking acid everywhere.... I noticed this about 2 days ago.

Today I drive my car to and from school, then I try to start it up to give it a wash and my car doesnt start, all while the gauges are going crazy and the key and alarm light are dimming in and out.... I Try to jump the car with another car, and It still wont start up.

So I end up calling AAA and he tries several times and it finally started up all while creating a HUGE smoke cloud from the battery terminal area.

I then take it to advanced auto and purchase a brand new battery, get it installed and immediately the alarm starts up. I turn the alarm off, then try to start the car and it starts up but the damn alarm turns on again. So I finnaly get the alarm issue worked out by calling the dealer, I "reset" it and its fine now.

I went to the gym, came home and then i wanted to go out again and now the battery is completely dead again, i measured with my voltimeter and got 2 volts???? WTF and now my car is completely dead again... wont start up its just sitting there now with a brand new battery. The little dinging bell wont even ring when the key is inserted. None of the interior lights turn on as well. Car IS DEAD.

Please help me find out what the problem is? Or else i will be forced to visit the dealer!!!!!!
    2003 Glacier Silver Metallic 6S ATX

Magnaflow catback/Corksport Hangers
    AWR 88 duro lower wishbone mount
    CPE MAFci
    35 watt 6000k low beams
    hyper white led parking lights
    20% tint

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did you fully charge the new battery when you bought it?

there not fully charged when you buy them. usually they have just been sitting on the shelves for months, or even a year. so if you just install it right from the store, your drive might not charge it enough to start it after you make a stop.

(╯□)╯ I Lost The Game!! NurdR4G3's Avatar
    -33.865685, 151.215184 | Upstate NY | NC | SC | FL | CA | AZ
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ that too

take the battery & it's tray completely out., check and clean where all of the battery acid went. The acid could have cause a short somewhere below. Check for that. Use electrical cleaner spray. Then check all of your fuses and relays b/c a major short will definitely mess with the fuses & relays.

Also, verify that the main battery positive & negative cable are in good shape & that it's not corroded.
    Me Wants Coilovers OR Springs! U haz!?
    <Freak4Dell> i have like a 4" extension

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the battery was dated 1/11...... now its completely dead how can i charge it up.. it sounds like that may be a possibility, my drive was only about 8 miles, the odd thing was is was able to start it up successfully after getting it installed 4 times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going out on a limb here, alternator?
    2004 Mazda 6s 3.0 Liter V6 - Bose Stereo System - Leather Interior - Sunroof/Moonroof - Performance White - Fujita Cold Air Intake - Tanabe Medallion G Series Exhaust - Spyder LED Tail Lights

Resident Canine Guru explorecaves's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

check all connections and leads. also check the alternator.
    2012 F-150 SuperCrew 4x4 with EcoBoost
    Sold - 2004 6i Glacier Silver
    Quote Originally Posted by NurdR4G3 View Post
    I ALREADY know this BUT WHY the F do I keep clicking on 'caves' links! no good has ever come out of it. LOL

~~~True Mazda Ricer~~~ puretruth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds to me like you have a major short somewhere.

Crew Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had just had this sort of happen to me but im cheap and resourceful so after leaving my car stranded for a night i stole my dads battery had my liltte brother take me to my car and got her home.

but it wasnt my battery cuz my dads got it home but in fact my alternator. wasnt charging my battery and i had the batt light on but didnt think nothing of it. three hundred buks later my car starts...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by puretruth View Post
    Sounds to me like you have a major short somewhere.
    This,

alternator would give you run time issues and most likely the battery light would be on

I would start by checking under the battery tray and verifying that none of the acid got to the harness.

Quote Originally Posted by xkreedx View Post
    I wouldn't consider plasti dip an investment.
    Quote Originally Posted by GSM6 View Post
    I happen to greatly dislike seeing the same wheels over and over again on the 6. It's like there are more people on RX-8's than on the OEM 6 wheels. hah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to update everyone on this, I removed the battery cleaned everything underneath and all is sparkly clean... then I find that the battery terminal where it connects to the wires was completely loose. So far i havnt had anymore issues, so I hope it was that.