Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 500 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)

User Tag List

New Recruit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default CPE MAF Ci compatiability

Hello everyone, I hope someone can help.
    I have a 2005 Mazda 6 3.0 and just bought a CPE MAFCi air intake and optimizer. However it's for a 2004 Mazda 6 3.0. Some people say the tune in the optimizer is the same but others say it's a different tune. CPE no longer supports our cars. BASTARDS lol. On the revolution performance site they show this:

http://www.therpmstore.com/store/p/2...-6-s-3-0L.html

There is an option for year on the page which implies there may be a different tune for different years.

It's very hard to find these. Can anybody confirm the 2004 3.0 version and tune will work on the 2005 3.0?

Yes I know it's 12 years old but I love my 6!
    I am also installing a MSDS header and exhaust.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see the tune being deferential, especially if it's an early 2005 car.

Welcome to the Crew,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Garage
    Member's Rides Page

Thanks Hammer!

Sold January 21, 2016

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy. - Franz Kafka

Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action. - Benjamin Disraeli

"Drown in a vat of whiskey? Death, where is thy sting..." - W.C. Fields

New Recruit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you! I also reached out to CPE and was told by the rep on the phone that the owner told her that the tune from 2004 to 2005 was different. It stinks that there is no support for the product and I am not sure if I should still use it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back when I owned a 07 I ran one i got used from a guy with an 04 without any issues. You should be good to go.
    2013 Sterling Gray Mustang V6 6MT w/ Tech Pkg Member Ride Page

2015 Ford Escape SE AWD Loaded - Hers

2007 T-Gray 6s (MT) - Traded
    Member Ride Page
    2008 Phantom Blue Mica 3s 5 Door (AT) - Traded

New Recruit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MariusVT View Post
    Back when I owned a 07 I ran one i got used from a guy with an 04 without any issues. You should be good to go.
    This is what CPE said.
    "
    The product is not compatible with your car for two reasons. One reason you are aware of, that the wiring is different. The second reason is the ECU. It is completely different and a new tune would have to be written to work on your car."

They were very nice and I appreciate them even responding on a discontinued product. I just dont want to mess up the ecu or anything.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You can absolutely run it on your car without issues. Many have mixed and matched the MAFci on different years and been just fine. Just make sure you use the proper wiring diagram. It is one of the best mods you can do to the 6. CP-e made an amazing product here but a few years ago they pretty much told the 6 community to go fuck ourselves though, so if it fails you'll most likely be SOL. But I haven't heard of any actually failing, so you should be fine.

Here is the install procedure. http://www.6crew.com/forum/showthrea...s-(ALL-MODELS)

One note from an og.. make sure you cleanly solder those connections. If you use the included Scotchlocks they will inevitably fail and cause all sorts of issues. Also clean the MAF and throttle body while you have the car apart.

New Recruit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much sir. I am going to do it and I really appreciate the instructions. I am also installing the MSDS headers with a high flow cat a day after getting this on. Cordova Optimized TB is already in!
    Now deciding on Konis or Bilsteins. Then front and possibly rear sway bars. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzoh View Post
    You can absolutely run it on your car without issues. Many have mixed and matched the MAFci on different years and been just fine. Just make sure you use the proper wiring diagram. It is one of the best mods you can do to the 6. CP-e made an amazing product here but a few years ago they pretty much told the 6 community to go fuck ourselves though, so if it fails you'll most likely be SOL. But I haven't heard of any actually failing, so you should be fine.

Here is the install procedure. http://www.6crew.com/forum/showthrea...s-(ALL-MODELS)

One note from an og.. make sure you cleanly solder those connections. If you use the included Scotchlocks they will inevitably fail and cause all sorts of issues. Also clean the MAF and throttle body while you have the car apart.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mr b View Post
    Thank you so much sir. I am going to do it and I really appreciate the instructions. I am also installing the MSDS headers with a high flow cat a day after getting this on. Cordova Optimized TB is already in!
    Now deciding on Konis or Bilsteins. Then front and possibly rear sway bars. If you have any suggestions please let me know.
    Be aware that the headers will drone at highway speeds. Also, you're going to throw a cel with headers and there's no cure for it. If you don't have to test, you're golden. The improved midrange will feel very nice. And Bilsteins. Ran them, loved them. Get a rear bar and beefed up endlinks. The front isn't really that necessary, IMHO. I had both, and I wish I had just done the rear.

New Recruit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GerryB View Post
    Be aware that the headers will drone at highway speeds. Also, you're going to throw a cel with headers and there's no cure for it. If you don't have to test, you're golden. The improved midrange will feel very nice. And Bilsteins. Ran them, loved them. Get a rear bar and beefed up endlinks. The front isn't really that necessary, IMHO. I had both, and I wish I had just done the rear.

How hard is the rear bar install? I heard it's a bear.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It takes some finagling to get it on there, but it's not nearly as much of a bitch as the front. I will say, if you do get a front bar, install it at the same time you do the headers as you need to lower the subframe to do either. A lift and air tools will make your life a whole lot easier, too.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No problem bro. CP-e as a company can suck it but their MAFci is amazing.

Rear bar is cake, install the endlinks before installing on the car and make sure you install it properly (the right way up) and you'll be good to go. Also - there is no such thing as too much red locktite when doing the endlinks on these cars. The bar is amazing, just make sure you have some spare endlinks for back there, as it eats thru them. I destroyed a set of the AWR's and a few of the RB's. Kept putting the RB's back on though as they really do make the car handle the best (shorter links = stiffer rear end = more grip & predictability when it breaks).

I ran the set and they were incredible, but the ride quality of the car was definitely hindered (cornernering was amazing though - the 6 will decimate craptastic Evo and STI drivers in the twisties when you set it up right). If you're not planning on doing the font bar, I would try to find a less extreme rear bar, like the Progress or Steeda for back there, as they'll be less maintenance when it comes to endlink replacements and the car will ride a bit smoother than with the RB.

Pics don't work anymore because Photobucket got all gay recently, but here's the install threads for front and rear bars:

Front: http://www.6crew.com/forum/showthrea...r-AWR-endlinks

Rear: http://www.6crew.com/forum/showthrea...ay-bar-install
    Last edited by Drizzoh; September 15th, 2017 at 10:49 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ran a progress rear bar and paired with the stock it made the car extremely neutral through corners. Would highly recommend if still in production.