Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 500 USD, Received: 313 USD (63%)

User Tag List

-The Devils Reject-
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default DIY: How-To Fix Front Power Windows Not Working After Battery D/C & R/C

OK, so many of us know how to fix this but there are a lot of new members on here who have just bought their very first 6 and could use this. This is for you guys, who are new to modding and are having a problem with your front window controls not functioning correctly. When you disconnect the battery to do any type of electrical related modification and then reconnect the battery you might notice your front window controls don't function correctly from the drives side control panel. Here's how you help the computer re-learn its functions.

Turn the key to the ignition position (two twists from off) all your idiot lights should come up. First we will work with the drive's side control. You'll notice it does roll the window up and down but the auto function isn't responding. We can fix that easily right here right now. Press the button down to roll the window down until it's all the way down. Now pull up on the button but DO NOT release it. We are going to keep pulling up on the button for 30 seconds. During this process if you listen closely you'll hear some clicks and pops inside the door. This is the power window controls learning the auto function. After the 3rd click you hearer release the button. Give it a try...you'll notice they work perfect now. Now for the front passenger window. This one is a little different to correct. You're going to do exactly what you did for the driver's side only you're going to need two hands. You're going to wind the window down using the passenger side control until it's all the way down. Now when you pull up on the control your going to pull up on the passenger side control AND the driver's sides control that control the front passenger window. Pull them both up simultaneously and do not release for 30 seconds. Once you here 3 clicks/pops release both buttons. Test the window from the passenger controls for functionality of the auto feature both up and down. Now test the auto and up and down controls from the driver's side control for the front passenger window. If you followed my instructions correctly your windows should be working perfect again. AND you just saved yourself a drive to the dealership for something you can easily fix yourself.

Crew Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i didnt have to pull the two sides up together on the pass side!! i jus did it on the pass side only!! it works fine!!
    07 MAZDA 6 I,BRIGHT ISLAND BLUE,
    AEM CAI,MAGNAFLOW CAT-BACK,LED LIGHTS,LED 3RD BRAKE LIGHT BAR,LED TAIL LIGHTS,LED PARKING LIGHTS,CLEAR SIDE MARKERS W/BLINKER MOD, AND TINTED,ALL INTERIOR LIGHTS SWAPED FOR LED,IPOD INTEGRATION KIT,8000K 55W DDM SLIM H.I.D.KIT,20% TINT ALL AROUND 5%FRONT STRIP,SPIN ON OIL FILTER SWAP,NGK IRIDIUM PLUGS,COBRA WIRELESS RADAR DETECTOR W/GPS!!SOLD AS OF 6-22-09
    NEW RIDE 2008 MAZDA CX-9 PEARL WHITE W/7K MILES REMOTE START AND BOSE W/MOONROOF PACKAGE!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, you dont need to do both sides when doing the pass. side.
    304whp/360tq Vdyno 1.01 CF
    Cobb AP, Sure 3" Full3 Aeros Intake, Autotech Internals, M2 DP, 3" CP-E Single Exit (w/resonator), 3.25" ETS, PnP'ed IM w/VTCS removed, 1/16"Sure TIG spacer Synapse BPV, AWR 70 Duro RMM, JBR 70 Duro TMM, Denso 1-Step Colder Plugs, TWM Shifter Bushings, SM OCC, Custom Shift Knob, Custom Shifter Weight, SURE Shorcut, H&R Springs, Tenzo DC-6 Wheels

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On my 05 I've never been able to make the passenger side go down automatically. I think it's an 06+ feature but I'll go try this and see if it works.

Update:
    I hear the clicks Malice is talking about, but the passenger side does not have the auto feature, nor does it say AUTO on the button.
    Last edited by Drizzoh; May 10th, 2009 at 09:12 PM.

Andrew | Car | Bike | Comp | Garage | Flickr | IG | FB

-The Devils Reject-
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmens View Post
    Ya, you dont need to do both sides when doing the pass. side.
    seriously? i do. i have the auto function on both from windows from each switch individually and from the master control on the drivers side door.

Resident Freaker Outer Front 1ine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so I have a 2003. Does onlythe front drivers side have auto roll down (I push it down once and it goes all the way down)? It doesn't do it when going up or for any other window.
    2003 Mazda6s MTX [Glacier Silver]
    - Magnaflow Catback Exhaust - Custom Performance Engineering Cold Air Intake w/ MAFci - MSDS Race Headers w/ Cat Delete - Street Unit 'Aggressive' Lower Engine Mount - Optimized Throttle Body [Custom] - WeaponX Coils - WeaponX Spark Plugs - Grounded Throttle Body [4ga wire] - EGR Mod - EGR Reroute/Delete -
    .:::206 WHP / 192 WTQ:::.

-The Devils Reject-
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did you follow my instructions above?

Crew Trainee
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just did this and it works great! Thanks for the write up.