Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 500 USD, Received: 313 USD (63%)

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Crew Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

joy. well i've been eyeballing the Halo rings for 100$ at RPM, along with the slimline, just torn on which one i want. next thing im gonna spend money on is my springs. that is next on my list.
    .:. My Ride info page .:.
    .:. 2004 Mazda 6i Hatchback .:.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're having visibility issues then get the HIDs first. The difference from halogen to HID is pretty stupid amazing. And they're easy to put it. You don't HAVE to but I removed my bumper and took the housings out just so I could get both hands on it. Took about an hour, hour and a half total.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would HIGHLY recommend removing the bumper and headlights to install the HIDs. You're going to be really pissed at yourself if you scratch the bulbs while trying to get them in through the cramped space in the engine bay.

Crew Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well over the weekend i took off my bumper removed half the wheel splash covers and replaced the bulbs. which wasnt a big deal for me, but it got me thinking. 1 the lights need to be adjusted bad, the housings for them are dirty as crap. ive tried the lens cleaners and it helped some so my next project is finding new lenses.

I think i want to go with 6000k HID's. i think the halo's look cool, but i have this "thing" that mentally i have to have bright lights. been in two accidents where stupid deer hit me. thats right they hit me. so i live in a large city, but driving to my moms is like driving into BFE where its darkness for miles untill the next small town.

you think 6k HID's would be good or should i go with 8k? since i do alot of long trips i was thinking about doing the 55w.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say go with the 6000k, but the 8000k won't be bad either, if you go with 55w. The higher wattage washes out some color, so the 55w 8000k will look like 6000k. If you do 35w, I would definitely recommend 6000k, as 8000k is too blue for my tastes. Plus, you won't get as much light output with 8000k.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    I say go with the 6000k, but the 8000k won't be bad either, if you go with 55w. The higher wattage washes out some color, so the 55w 8000k will look like 6000k. If you do 35w, I would definitely recommend 6000k, as 8000k is too blue for my tastes. Plus, you won't get as much light output with 8000k.
    +2

i have 35w 6k and they are good, a 55w kit would probably have been a better choice that i might be upgrading to later.
    04 6S MTX Glacier Silver Metallic
    dfw6er - "144km/h means as much to me as trying to conceptualized milk sold in bags."
    This reminds me of an old girlfriend. I met her in a restaurant, and I offered her a banana just to watch her eat it. She blushed when she caught me staring at her while she ate it. It was love at first sight.
    MNMAZDA/Recipe For Epic Fail/MNGarageGeeks
    TSX Retro

Crew Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so then the 8k 55w would be a breakfast for champions. hard to install? i saw some vids on youtube they seem easy, mount the balist some place close, put in the new bulb, plug the wires and connect power. seems retard proof.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NiCr0 View Post
    ok so then the 8k 55w would be a breakfast for champions. hard to install? i saw some vids on youtube they seem easy, mount the balist some place close, put in the new bulb, plug the wires and connect power. seems retard proof.
    technically 55w 6k would be the breakfast of champions because they would be 'washed out' to a 4.5k which has the optimal light output. but the 55w 8k isn't bad in any way. installing is pretty easy. take the bumper and lights off, modify the dust caps so the wires can pass through, connect the harness and you'll be good to go.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, install is a piece of cake. I didn't really understand the wiring until I got the kit in my hands, but once you see it, it's so easy.

Crew Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the tips guys, now i just gotta wait till next payday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12